the average user, Me maybe you(?) doesn’t think frequently that it takes approximately 3000 gallons of water to manufacture the cell phone we use daily and the end results contains silver, copper, arsenic, antimony and more.
We do probably all realize how often we are replacing our phones, wether that is due to breakage or just desire. We are replacing them about every 15 to 24 months.
The process for properly preparing your cell phone iphone, ipad for recycling is an important one. The first step is deciding where to recycle? Please, choose R2v3 and ISO certified recycling facilities to ensure qualified handling of data destruction, and the recycle or reuse disposition.
Green Century offers pick up service, mail in program and public drop off options.
Outlined below are specific instructions for preparing your device. Green Century is R2v3 and ISO certified. all data is handled in compliance with NAID and NIST standards.
Due to the resources consumed when manufacturing a new cell phones. We encourage reuse whnever possible and when ever data destruction can be verified.
You can use the Find My iPhone app on an iOS device.
1. Sign in with your Apple ID
2. Select the device that you donated
3. Tap Actions (if you are not taken straight into Actions)
***Note: Skip straight to Step 6 if the device has already been erased, or if the devices is listed as “Offline” in the list.
4. Tap Erase iPhone and tap Erase iPhone again
5. Tap Erase and confirm
6. Tap Remove from Account and confirm again.
You can use iCloud.com/find on a Computer
1. Navigate to iCloud.com/find on a computer and sign in with your Apple ID 2. Click All Devices at the top of the screen
3. Select the device that you have donated
***Note: Skip straight to Step 5 if the device has already been erased, or if the device is listed as “Offline” in the list.
4. Click Erase iPhone and confirm action
5. Click Remove from Account and confirm.
You can also find the instructions on Apple’s website here:
If the device still appears in your device list, it is still activation locked and we are unable to reuse it. Please make sure the device no longer appears in your device list.